COVID-19 PolicyKeeping employees, clients, and vendors safe and healthy
The world is battling the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. As a landscape designer and builder, Elegant Outdoor Designs provides design/build, landscape maintenance, tree care, and irrigation and water management services. We protect public safety by maintaining and protecting the living environments around hospitals, government facilities, housing areas, parks, schools, and more.
Therefore, the state of Illinois has classified Elegant Outdoor Designs as an essential business, and we will remain open for business during the pandemic.
OSHA classifies landscaping as "lower risk" of exposure since most of our work is performed outdoors, individually, or in small teams with little public contact. Even though, we take employee, client, and vendor safety and health very seriously.
To combat the virus's spread, we are implementing and practicing the following policy. It's based on recommendations and best practices from the CDC, Illinois Department of Public Health, Illinois Landscape Contractors Associations, and the National Association of Landscape Professionals. This policy is effective starting March 10th and will remain in effect until further notice.
- We will conduct client consultations and design presentations using telephone or video conferencing and threaded discussions through our Buildertrend project management and communications portal.
- We use either Facetime, Google Hangouts, Skype, or Zoom for video conferencing.
- If an in-person meeting is required, participants will adhere to the following conditions.
- The meeting will be held outdoors.
- All participants will wear masks and maintain a 6-foot social distance.
- There will be no handshaking.
- Our clients will be given a 24-hour notification via phone, email, text message, or our Buildertrend portal when we are servicing their property.
- Elegant Outdoor Designs will not leave behind door hangers, receipts, or other documentation. We will post all documentation (project drawings, videos, contracts, change orders, invoices, and receipts) to our Buildertrend portal.
- Clients can pay for the work performed or landscape materials purchased through our Buildertrend portal using debit or credit cards. No cash or checks will be accepted.
Support Staff Protocols
- Our support staff (office manager, landscape architect and designer, and client specialists) will work remotely from home as much as possible.
- At no time will we have ten (10) or more employees, clients, or vendors together in the same location.
- When in the office, our employees will
- Wear facemasks.
- Maintain a minimum 6-foot buffer from each other.
- Wash their hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Frequently sanitize all surfaces.
- Follow respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Not share desks, phones, chairs, pencils, pens, and other work tools and equipment.
- Have their temperature checked before entering the office.
- Employees with a temperature over 100.4O F, will be sent home and not return to the office until they feel better, do not have any COVID symptoms, and are fever-free for a minimum of 72 continuous hours.
- When an employee feels ill at any time, they must leave the office immediately and not return to the office until they feel better, do not have any COVID symptoms, and is fever-free for a minimum of 72 continuous hours.
- If an employee's family member(s) are ill, the employee will work remotely from home until
- they and their family member feel better,
- do not have any COVID symptoms, and
- are fever-free for a minimum of 72 continuous hours.
- If an employee tests COVID positive, they will isolate at home for a minimum of ten (10) days, and will not return until they test negative and do not have any symptoms.
- When an employee is exposed to a person who has tested COVID positive, they will quarantine for 14 days from the date of exposure. They will not return until they are symptom-free and have tested negative at the end of the quarantine period.
- If an employee recreationally travels out of state, the employee will quarantine for 14 days, and be symptom-free before returning to the office.
Sanitation & Safety
- We will use environmentally-friendly, EPA-approved disinfectants.
- If soap and running water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- All employees must clean and disinfect work environments and personal protective equipment at least once per day.