Frequently Asked Questions
We charge 15% of the client's total landscaping budget, with a minimum of $1,500. For example, if your budget is $50,000, the design fee is $7,500.
The design fee includes.
- client consultations to learn needs and wants and present our design,
- taking photos of your property,
- a 2D site plan with a bill of materials,
- one (1) full design revision*,
- a 3D design rendering, and
- a video walk-through published to our YouTube channel.
The design fee must be paid in full to begin the design process.
* Elegant Outdoor Designs will invoice the client for additional design revisions beyond initial design revision.
Yes. If, after presenting our final master landscaping design for your project, you select Elegant Outdoor Designs to build and install your project, we will apply 50% of the design fee for implementing your project.
- If done at one time, all 50% is applied.
- If done in phases over 3 to 5 years, we break the design rebate into segments based on the number of stages of the project.
Example 1: Your landscaping budget is $10,000; our design fee will be $1,500. You hire us to complete the project in one season, and we will apply $750 to its implementation.
Example 2: Your landscaping budget is $50,000; our design fee will be $7,500. We install the approved design over three (3) phases. We will apply $1,250 to each implementation phase.
Example 3: Your landscaping budget is $100,000; our design fee will be $15,000. We install the approved design over five (5) phases. We will apply $1,500 to each installation phase.
Build & Install
In nearly all cases, the answer is yes.
Whether you supply us a sketch or a set of plans, or we create them for you, a design drawing(s) helps you and us.
- Visualize the final product.
- Determine the shape(s), physical dimensions, and constraints.
- Provides a list of materials required to complete the project.
- Ascertain the amount of labor involved.
- Obtain any permits, if required.
- It eliminates having to redo the work or make adjustments, which can rack up costs quickly.
Additionally, it helps the property owner determine if their project fits within their budget and can be done all at once or requires the project to be split into phases.
Yes, for clients who have a snow removal services contract.
If ice management is included in the contract, we provide on-call de-icing. On-call de-icing fees vary based on contract terms.
If ice management is not part of the contract, we will provide on-call de-icing; however, it must be prepaid.
Freezing rain: We put down de-icing product.
Less than 1" of snow: We put down de-icing product for customers who have a monthly service contract.
1" or more: Crews are sent out to remove snow and put down de-icing product.
Yes. It is dependent on your location and the performed work on a case-by-case basis.
Typically, our minimum project size is $10,000 for a complete landscaping project (design and installation).
However, if your project is a singular element like a hardscape, patio, deck, pergola, etc. then our minimum project fee is $1,500 for projects within 5 miles from our Hampshire headquarters.
If your location is more than 5 miles from our Hampshire office, the minimum project fee is $5,000.
Landscaping is considered an essential business by OSHA. As such, we are following the recommendations of the CDC, the Illinois Department of Public Health, National Association of Landscape Professionals, and the Illinois Landscape Contractors Association to protect our employees and clients.
Therefore, we will conduct client consultations and design presentations using telephone or video conferencing and via threaded discussions through our Buildertrend project management and communications portal.
We use either Facetime, Google Hangouts, Skype, or Zoom for video conferencing.
If an in-person meeting is required, participants will adhere to the following conditions.
- The meeting will be held outdoors.
- All participants will wear masks and maintain a 6-foot social distance.
- There will be no handshaking.
For more details visit our COVID-19 policy page.